Steps for Becoming a Customer
- Verify we provide natural gas service where you live or own a business by calling 570-278-5863 or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Determine cost savings with the energy cost calculator, find rebates and funding sources to help offset conversion costs.
- Fill out the new customer application form within the new customer application packet.
- Once we receive your application, call us to install a service line and meter. (Ideally, this will be in conjunction with your contractor’s work.)
- Contact your local HVAC contractor or plumber to do any necessary piping installations or appliance conversions for natural gas. Keep in mind you only have to have one appliance ready to take gas (furnace, hot water heater, stove, dryer, barbecue grill, fireplace, firepit, or even outdoor gas lighting).
- When the HVAC contractor or plumber completes his work, after pressure testing the pipes, he should fill out the Contractor Sign-off form from your new customer application packet.
- We will come to the property to meet with the contractor and collect the Contractor Sign-off form. We will also verify the work was done properly and turn on your new gas service.
- Congratulations! You are ready to enjoy the convenience and savings of American natural gas!
- If your service line and meter were installed, but you haven’t made any conversions to begin using gas within 6 months, you will be liable for the cost of the installation.