Role and Scope of Position:
The general manager (GM) is responsible for the overall management and operation of Pike County Light & Power Company. The GM will be responsible for a variety of aspects of the electric and gas system including construction, operations, maintenance, customer service, and community involvement.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: This position requires a self-motivated individual capable of working and making decisions without direct supervision. Individual must have strong electric utility distribution system knowledge and some gas distribution knowledge, or the ability to learn the gas distribution system, federal and state gas code requirements. Requires strong organizational skills. Ability to speak in public, such as at local municipal public meetings. Ability to use PC desktop/laptop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel) and mainframe legacy system software. Ability to promote a customer service focus and reinforce customer excellence by being sensitive to the company’s public image. The right candidate will emphasize professionalism, honesty, concern, courtesy, excellence, and teamwork within the unit.
Education: Requires an engineering degree or equivalent experience below.
Experience: Ten years of electric utility experience in the construction or engineering areas, with some gas distribution experience; at least 5 years supervising or managing non-bargaining and bargaining unit employees.
Licenses & Certifications: Must have valid driver’s license.
Per federal regulations, this position will require the individual to submit to, and pass pre-employment and random alcohol and drug tests.
The individual will be required to pass specific natural gas operator qualification requirement testing.
Pike County Light & Power Company is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job classifications without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or eligible veteran status.
Pike County Light & Power Company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Direct Report: Gas Operations and Engineering Manager
Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM; Monday - Friday; May require work outside of normal business hours during emergency
Job Qualifications (list minimum education, skills and experience required):
Two-year (AAS) degree in Engineering, CAD or other similar discipline
Minimum two years of full-time AutoCAD experience
Excellent interpersonal, Microsoft Office, internet and multi-media skills required
Responsibilities: (list all major functions and accountabilities):
1. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of system maps using AutoCAD. Record and process data derived from Company Distribution Department Orders and As-Built drawings for system map revisions in CAD. May be required to visit construction sites to assist with creating design drawings or surveying (both new and old) facilities.
2. Maintain the Dig Safely New York (DSNY) system for the Company. This includes creating locate requests for Company work and entering APR (Automated Positive Response) data into the Dig Safely website.
3. May be required to assist in scheduling and tracking restoration work. This includes receiving customer requests and scheduling contractors or company employees to perform property restoration.
4. Update and maintain the Department Distribution Order database to document field work.
5. Participate on a rotating basis to answer customer calls and leak/emergency calls from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM daily.
6 .Produce maps for facility locating, DSNY tickets, third party design requests and for various company personnel as needed.
7. Work with the Engineering Department to produce construction drawings for capital projects.
8. Annually draft letters/emails to CNG customers, local municipalities and government or state agencies communicating construction projects, gas system updates, etc.
9. Assist with obtaining local municipal and DOT permits for construction projects.
10. Create and update maps required for annual leakage surveys.
11. Create and maintain inspection forms for annual valve surveys, corrosion surveys, regulator station surveys, etc.
Pay range: $55,000 - 60,000
In accordance with applicable law, the recruitment of all personnel is made
without discrimination against any individual or protected class including
race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status,
disability, national origin, ancestry, handicap, or veteran's status. All
criteria used by the company for the selection of employees comply
with the Uniform Guidelines for the Selection of Employees 41 C.F.R. Part 60-3 (1978).